Many have asked, "How can I be involved in helping the Japanese at this time?"
<Click on the links for more information>
- 1. You can pray:
- CRASH Japan has a 24/7 prayer room; sign up and pray!
- Watch the CRASH Japan website and this blog for updates on the situation and prayer needs
- 2. You can support the work financially by giving through OMF International or to CRASH Japan.
- 3. You can spread the word to get more people praying, giving and helping. The need is great and relief and recovery work will continue for many months.
- 4. You can volunteer: At this time we are looking for teams of 5 people willing to serve in the affected areas for a minimum of 2 weeks. Priority is given to teams within Japan, as they can be sent sooner than teams from overseas. We recommend that churches or Christian organizations form their own teams, and that only the team leader register at the crashjapan.com website. Individuals can also register to volunteer, but they must go as part of a team. If you have already registered please be patient and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Several of you have asked about "gifts in kind"—that is, instead of giving money to buy needed goods and services, the goods and services themselves are given. The necessary relief supplies are now reaching most of the people in need. Some pockets of need still exist, but we are able to supply them from within Japan. Therefore, at this time we are not accepting offers of goods or supplies from overseas.